Monday, August 29, 2011

Artistry

What if, before everything we did each day, we asked ourselves how we could make the activity a form of art?  That sounds pretty lofty even to me because how could some of the drudgery (or at least that's how I regard it), be turned into an art form?  I've read that what makes art art is the spirit and love that goes into the creation.  That makes even routine tasks accessible to me to make them into an art form.  This is another one of those 30 day challenges for increasing quality of life that I think I will try in September.  I may get a headache from all the thinking it will take to try it but it sounds so wonderful I really must try it. 

Some of the routine things I do I could design ways to make them into art (with spirit and love), ahead of time.  When I do my morning to do list would be a good time.  Cooking comes to mind as an easy one to infuse with spirit and love into art.  Cleaning the cat box and taking out the trash seem to be a little more challenging.  More to come on this as I make the inevitable discoveries in doing a 30 day challenge.  But if the life I'm creating is to be art, then ESPECIALLY the routine tasks will have to be first on the list to be transformed.

No comments: