Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ideas

I love examples of things to do to create a more wonderful life. Here are some I've collected:

  • Plant a garden.
  • Learn to play an instrument.
  • Meditate every day.
  • Sleep in on the weekend.
  • Cut t.v. time in half.
  • Lose 20 lbs in a healthy way.
  • Do 30 minutes of yoga every day.
  • Write in my journal every day.
  • Clean out all my closets and drawers.
  • Do the two most important things on my to-do list every day.
  • Update my wardrobe.
  • Get in touch with family members that live out of town at least once a month.
  • Learn to ask for what I want - only once (maybe twice at the most) and then shut up.
  • Give everyone in my life a compliment every time I see them.
  • Write letters to the important people in my life and say the things about them that I would say at their funerals.
  • Go to a concert, play or other event at least once a month.
  • Find a volunteer job that I would enjoy and that would make a difference.
  • Take a photography class.
  • Organize my desk.
  • Go on a vacation.
  • Get help with housework.
  • Pay off all debt.
  • Design a spending plan and track my spending to make sure I'm spending money in a way that will bring me the most joy.

Every few months it's time to look at my life again and see where I am and how I can make my life even better. Why not have the very best life we can possibly have? Our lives are a gift from God and he/she will probably be very disappointed if we don't do our best.

No comments: