Sunday, May 17, 2009

Responsibility vs Negativity

Responsibility used to be a very scary word to me. The way I had heard it used caused me to believe it meant that if I was responsible, I had done something wrong and was being blamed. Later on in my journey, I was taught through a series of workshops on philosophies of life I attended, that responsibility meant I had total control of creating my life. Well, I thought that was pretty crazy. Anyone could see that stuff just happens, and I didn't create it. There were enough scary, bad things happening in my life that the thought that I was creating them was overwhelming. Very creepy.

As I studied more about the capabilities of us humans, I began to see that I still had it wrong. The first thing I heard was that I had "response ability" - the ability to respond. Then I began to see that I could envision my life in a different way and begin - within the confines of reality, of course - to create my life. Since then I have been able to do and be and experience so many wonderful things.

No comments: