Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Crisis

There seems to be a part of all of us that loves to create a crisis when things are starting to get good. I noticed this about myself when I was around 30 years old. The truth is - a friend and neighbor noticed it and pointed it out. I tried to argue but he just kept pointing out examples until I surrendered. This was the period of my life when I was trying to help people when I really had next to nothing to give and should have been focusing on helping myself. Other people's crises are my favorite things to get involved in instead of taking the action steps to the life of my dreams. I have a friend who calls this part of ourselves "the gremlin." Some people might call it "the devil." Whatever you call it, it is the enemy we must fight to get to the life of our dreams.

No comments: