Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Simplify Your Clothes

This suggestion is probably just for women, but maybe not.  I learned this late in life.  I knew I spent way too much time for my taste trying to figure out what to wear, taking care of my clothes (washing, ironing, taking stuff to and from the cleaners), and moving stuff from closet to closet, etc.  I finally found a style that suited me (meaning I look good, the clothes are appropriate for every occasion, they require almost no care and never wear out).  I got rid of pretty much everything else I owned and settled in for a lifetime of peace in the wardrobe department.  I often say that the brand of clothes I wear cured my dressing disorder.

Everyone is different so the style each person chooses will be different.  But the point is that clothing should add to our quality of life, not create stress, indecision, and time crunches.  The initial work of finding just the right type of clothes and then buying them will be time and energy consuming but worth it in the end.

No comments: