Sunday, October 9, 2011

More on Simplicity

I really hate to bring this up, since everyone thinks they need just the right car and a big house with big furniture, but are you sure you really need this?  I have a little house and it only takes 10 minutes to vacuum all the carpet.  I have air cleaning machines so that there's almost no dust in my house (almost eliminates dusting). 

I have a small, very simple car.  There's not a lot to keeping it reasonably clean.  I can keep the dash, steering wheel, etc. clean by spraying some water (a tiny bottle in my package compartment) on a cloth (also in the package compartment) and wiping dust off in the amount of time I have sitting at a stop light.  When it rains, I put on a rain coat and go out with a sponge soaked in detergent.  I can wash my whole car in 10 minutes flat, and the rain washes it off.  Then I pull into the garage and the car dries.  Voila!  All done.  Every once in awhile I use my shop vac to vacuum the seats and the floor.  Small car; small job.

Now that I'm in my 7th decade on the earth, I feel the need to simplify as much as I can and use my time only for the really important stuff.  Of course, if I had thought of these things sooner, I would have had a lot more time in my 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s for hanging out under trees, necking with my husband, dancing, playing with my children, playing with pupplies and other vitally important stuff.  Better late than never!

No comments: