Saturday, February 28, 2009

If you don't know, you don't know.

If you don't know, you don't know! You may have your foundation built, you may have all the support you need, but if you have no idea what the steps are to building the life of your dreams, you aren't going to be going forward.

One of my dear friends just introduced me to this summary of a basic truth. He says he never knew what he needed to know in order to do what he needed to do. I've thought for a long time that our children rarely are taught what they really need to know. I've been lucky. I love to read. So, from an early age, I went to the library and looked up what I needed to know. I got a lot of useless information and often didn't find what I needed. But if I kept trying, I eventually got enough information to move forward.

Now we have Google. Now we have the internet. We also have people in our lives that know all kinds of things. I once heard that S.H.A.M.E. stands for Should Have Already Mastered Everything. Let's admit our ignorance and get the information we need to get where we want to go.

No comments: