Monday, March 4, 2013

Creating a Beautiful Life by Using Intention

I believe that many of us just get up every morning and do what's in front of us to do - chores, work, sleep, eat, dress, errands and on and on.  Every once in awhile we might have a minute where we think about what our life is about, but it's probably unlikely that we think of ourselves as the a creator of a work of art, but that is what we are whether we realize it or not.

We are either creating our lives consciously or unconsciously.  In order to create a beautiful life, we are probably going to have to become conscious of what we're doing.  That sounds so simple!  In my experience it is simple, but also one of the most difficult things I've done.

Let's say that we've already done the work of discovering what a beautiful life looks like to us.   (This work is of the right brain and definitely not the left brain.)  Then what happens is that we forget about it in a day or two and then go back to our normal, unconscious way of doing things.

So how can we make sure we remember that our lives are a marvelous gift from our creator that we can make beautiful every single day?  When I take a step back from my daily rounds and think about the gift I've been given, I know that if I were my creator, I would be sad that the life I gave is being used as an unconscious round of chores.  Maybe it's as simple as writing down and memorizing an intention every morning. 

If I set the intention every morning that I am creating a beautiful life today and honoring the fabulous gift I've been given, my to-do list miraculously changes.  Ideas often come to me about how I can make that day a beautiful day.  Other ideas about actions I could take to lay groundwork for even more beautiful days in the future.

Intention has great power.  It gives me the opportunity to tune in to my creativity.  It provides the energy to take action.  Inspiration stems from it.  Certainly it is worth the two minutes it takes to focus each morning.





No comments: