Thursday, November 24, 2011

Simple Ideas for Holidays

These are "extra" things, of course, but they are so easy and quick that you might find them more fun than some of the time consuming, stress producing stuff you do for holidays. 

One I really like is using gift tags for quick thank you notes.  I have some that have a dove and "peace" in blue letters.  I write notes on the other side.  I've left them with waitresses with "thank you for remembering my order."  I've left them with clerks with "Thank you for being so cheerful in what must be a stressful time!"  I try to give at least three of these per day - it can be anyone I come in contact with - the bank teller, a grandchild, a friend, etc.  It's all sorts of fun.

Another one I've enjoyed is to set aside an evening with the television, computer and phones off and all the candles I can find in the house lit.  I usually start this just a couple of hours before bed and by the time I do go to bed I am so mellow you would hardly know it's me!

Collect "consumables" for stocking gifts.  A consumable is something that will be consumed and so will not turn into clutter.  Little bottles of lotion, scented soap, tea bags, flavored coffee, small scented candles, etc.  Inexpensive and fun.

When the weather is reasonably nice, it's fun to go for a walk and scatter bird seed.  I have also been known to go for a walk with dog biscuits in my pocket and when I pass a dog in a yard, I toss a biscuit.

No comments: