Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ceremonies


I believe that each important activity of our lives deserves a ceremony of some kind. We seem to have been created to create ceremonies to mark importance, and there are literally thousands of ceremonies of all kinds in the world to prove me right about this. I also believe that creating a ceremony to mark our beginnings in creating a life of our dreams helps us stay motivated, remember our commitment to ourselves and upbeat through the hard times of the journey to the life of our dreams.


Some ideas for ceremonies: Personally I like parties. Why not invite some of the folks that you've asked for ideas and help to a party to mark the "kick off" of your journey? Or if you prefer a solitary ceremony (I don't advise this unless it's in addition to the public ceremony), you might light a candle and say a prayer. In any case, having a way to begin the actions you're going to take will help keep your commitment to yourself real.

No comments: