Thursday, October 15, 2009

Money

I'm always amazed when I talk with the people I'm coaching about their goals, how many of them are struggling with money issues. The sad thing is that all of them are smart, capable, and seemingly well-balanced. However, they don't know the basics of money and their finances are in disarray. I've come to believe - based on my own experience and what other people tell me - that money holds so many emotional aspects for us that we avoid dealing with it. The basics of personal finance are actually pretty simple, but our emotional baggage keeps us from doing what we need to do.

Doing the things we need to do with our finances is vital to having the life of our dreams. One would think that that fact is obvious since if we're living in poverty we don't have the resources to develop the life of our dreams. But many of us have our heads in the sand and then wonder why we're not moving forward.

No comments: