Sunday, August 31, 2008

Empowering by changing small things

Who am I? To answer this, we must first learn to become more aware of ourselves. To be aware, we must STOP and PAY ATTENTION! We need to STOP and objectively watch ourselves in action. We live most of our lives by habit. These habits keep us stuck in patterns that limit our experience of life. Once we detect a pattern we were previously unconscious of, we can choose differently, if we want. With awareness comes choice and with choice, we gain freedom. ~higherawareness.com

Changing small things in my life helps me be more aware and helps me stay grounded in the present. For example, consciously deciding what music I will listen to during my day, lighting scented candles, giving real thought to what I want to eat, buying some fresh flowers, putting potpourri in my car, taking a minute to watch the birds at the bird feeder - all these add pleasure and joy to my day. Just the fact that I took the split seconds (that's all it takes) to add these to my life, empowers me to further design a beautiful day for myself.

No comments: